Top 20 tips for saving money on your home heating costs:
- Set your thermostat to a lower temperature.
- Insulate your home to retain heat.
- Seal drafts around windows and doors.
- Install weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Use caulk to seal gaps in walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Install energy-efficient windows.
- Use heavy curtains to block drafts from windows.
- Use draft stoppers on doors.
- Use ceiling fans to circulate warm air.
- Install a programmable thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature
- Set your water heater to a lower temperature.
- Use a space heater in small, occupied rooms instead of heating the entire house.
- Use a fireplace or wood-burning stove to supplement your heating system.
- Use area rugs on hardwood or tile floors to retain heat
- Turn off lights and electronics when they are not in use.
- Plant deciduous trees on the south side of your home to block the sun in the summer and let it shine in the winter.
- Use reflective window film to reduce solar heat gain in the summer.
- Install awnings over windows to shade them from the sun.
- Consider switching to a heat pump or a pellet stove.
- Have your heating system professionally serviced and cleaned annually
← Older Post
Newer Post →